Since we’ve recently enjoyed another Easter, I figured now is the perfect time to share this deliciously creamy, and beautifully vibrant roast carrot dip. Well actually, truth be told, I did plan on posting this the week of Easter but it completely slipped my mind. So you’re just going to have it now, haha.
I know what you’re thinking….roast carrot dip, that doesn’t sound appealing. But trust me, it’s divine. The sweetness of the carrots and the kick from the cumin and paprika, make this a dip like no other. It’s also ridiculously easy to make (which I know we all love) and it fills your kitchen with the sweetest of smells.
So instead of heading to the supermarket to pick up a pre-made dip, why not impress your friends and family with your homemade roast carrot dip. Believe me, once you spread it on a cracker and top it with slices of juicy tomato or a spread of creamy avocado, you’ll be hooked. I’ve also been munching on it in the afternoon with some vegetable sticks for a guilt-free snack like no other.
Just think how much satisfaction you’ll get when you’re eating something that you made and that didn’t come in a packet with un-necessary preservatives. Yes, even the best packaged dips have numbers and colourings added to them, which is doing no one’s health any good.
If you need just another little push to turn on your oven and start roasting a few carrots, then think about all the vitamin A that you’ll be adding to your diet. That’s right, carrots are rich in Vitamin A, just like pumpkin and sweet potato. Vitamin A is fantastic for your eyesight, for healthy skin and for your immune system (which is super important as winter gets closer).
So enjoy Lovelies and if you do end up trying this, then please let me know by commenting below or tagging @reneebrownwellness so I can check it out.
Creamy Roast Carrot Dip:
- 4 large organic carrots
- ½ cup of cashews (soaked in water for 3 hours)
- ½ cup of water
- 2 tsp of cumin
- 2 tsp of paprika
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice
- 1 medjool date
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp of tahini
- Turn the oven onto 180 fan bake and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Peel and chop your carrots into small slices and then place in a bowl with 1 tsp of cumin, 1 tsp of paprika, ½ tsp of salt and 1 tbsp of olive oil. Mix well and then place on your baking tray. Cook in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Once the carrots are cooked, place them in your food processor with the drained and rinsed cashews, ½ cup of water, the rest of the spices, the olive oil, garlic clove, tahini, medjool date and lemon juice. Blitz until smooth and creamy. Taste and season to your liking.
- Serve with carrot sticks, cherry tomatoes and crackers.