Good morning Lovelies and welcome to the begging of my new monthly series, where I dedicate each month to a new topic and hopefully give you lots to think about and some exciting new offers to jump at. This month is all about pregnancy and fertility (funny that), so I thought I would kick it off with some information on the importance of pre-conception nutrition.
I’m also going to share five fertility boosting foods, that should super boost your body and help get it ready for pregnancy.
Why Pre-Conception Nutrition is so important for a Healthy Pregnancy
First off, I thought I would explain why pre conception nutrition is so important for and should contribute to a healthier pregnancy.
The bottom line is, the healthier you are the better the chance for you having a healthy pregnancy and hopefully a healthy baby. It also increases your chances of conceiving and holding the baby to term as well as ensuring that you will go into your pregnancy feeling stronger and well nourished (since let’s be honest being pregnant can be pretty exhausting at times).
Plus, by giving yourself this time to improve your wellness, your also allowing time to get your menstrual cycle in sync (if your having any issues, like I was). You will also be able to use this time to focus on reducing your stress levels and trying to find the right balance in your life. You can also focus on righting any nutrient deficiencies that might have developed over the years. This is especially important if you’re coming off the pill, as the pill actually strips your body of a bunch of nutrients such as magnesium, iron, B vitamins and calcium and so it can easily take a few months to get these levels back to normal.
I paid a lot of attention to my pre-conception diet and lifestyle. For starters I came off the pill at least a year before wanting to get pregnant, so that I could give my body time to get back in sync. I also reduced the amount of caffeine in my diet, kept alcohol to special occasions, developed an exercise routine that not only pushed me but also helped me to de-stress and unwind, and I started supplementing my diet with a few key nutrients (which I will be sharing with you later on in the month).
On top of all of that, I filled my diet with superfoods and also added in foods to help give me energy and to nourish my reproductive system (which yes, there are actually foods that do this, and yes I will be sharing them below).
So as you can see there’s quite a lot that you can do to nourish your body, so that you increase your changes of having a healthy pregnancy. My favourite way to do this of course is through food and so here are my top five fertility boosting foods that will not only nourish your body and help prepare you for conception, but will also give you energy, help you to absorb more nutrients and leave you feeling amazing.
Top 5 Fertility Boosting Foods
- Avocados: Easily my favourite food of all time!!! These delicious healthy fats help to target the health of your womb and cervix, balance your hormones and help to keep you at a healthy weight. Why not start adding in an avocado into your daily diet by spreading it on toast, smashing it into a guacamole with veggies sticks or blending it into a yummy salad dressing.
- Eggs: I know you might be quite surprised that I’ve added eggs into this group as I’m Vegan, but the reason I did is because I know a lot of my clients and followers eat eggs and I also know that they are a really nourishing food that can offer your diet a great dose of protein and healthy fat. I had a few eggs while I was in Europe, as I was struggling to met my nutrient needs each day. Since being pregnant I have to think about nourishing my baby as well as myself. So in my opinion eggs can be a great addition to your diet, especially if your wanting to maximise your nutrients for pre-conception or fertility.
- Figs: The perfect little handbag snack, that is also great for your reproductive system, and if you can get your man to eat them, they are also fantastic for sperm health. I love slicing them into my porridge or bircher muesli, or simply snacking on them in the afternoon with some nuts and seeds.
- Fermented foods: As you know all fermented foods are amazing for your gut, and since your gut is the centre of your body and health, it makes sense that they be an essential food. Try adding some Kombucha or sauerkraut into your daily diet to boost your probiotic intake, heal your gut and also help you to absorb as many nutrients as possible from your food.
- Maca Powder: The most amazing superfood for women’s health. I get all my clients hooked on this powder as its so amazing at regulating your hormones, balancing your menstrual cycle, giving you energy while also filling your diet with many vitamins and minerals ……… and even enhancing fertility and libido.
I hope these five fertility boosting foods have given you something to think about and that you’ll start including them into your diet as you prepare for pregnancy. If you have any questions about pre-conception nutrition or you would like to learn more I do have a few exciting new programs on offer….
Exciting New Offers:
The first one is my monthly wellness talk which I’m dedicating to Pre-Conception Nutrition and how to maximise your fertility and get your body ready for pregnancy. All the details are here, and I also have an early bird special available on both workshops (ending today), so make sure to book in now if your interested.
The other option that I have available is my NEW three-month program called Pre-Conception Nutrition. This program is perfect if your wanting a more one-on-one approach were I can really tailor the program to your needs and help you to balance your hormones, regulate your periods, super boost your diet and fill it with lots of fertility boosting foods.
If you would like to learn more about my three month program or book in for my Pre Conception Nutrition Workshop, then please email me at email@example.com and I will be in touch right away.