What is the difference between a Nutritionist and a Health Coach and how do you combine these areas to create a program?
As a nutritionist I look at the foods that you are eating, the nutrients you’re getting and the ones you’re depleted in. I help you to create and achieve goals based around your diet and the foods you eat. As a health coach I look at the whole picture and spend time going over your primary foods, such as mental health, relationships, exercise and career. I will then also spend time on food, but it is not my main focus. Because I am both a Nutritionist and a Health Coach, I am able to offer you a better overall health plan and we can work on any area of your life that you feel is lacking or in need of support. A lot of people these days do not have someone there to support and encourage him or her. This is what I do. I will help you to stay on track and hopefully motivate and inspire you to make lasting health and wellness changes.
“As a nutritionist and health coach, I help women to reach their goals, increase whole foods in their diet, learn how to plan and prepare fast, nutrient rich meals, balance all areas of their lives and ultimately feel and look their best”
So, is Nutrition and Health Coaching right for you?
Even as a nutritionist, I can get overwhelmed with all the information out there these days on new fad diets and what we should and shouldn’t be eating.
Because I not only target your diet but your lifestyle I can help you to realize areas you are struggling with and work towards getting balance in all areas of your life. When you come and see me, I start the session by asking you want you want to talk about. This way we can discuss what is going on for you that week and work on what is important to you right now.
My approach to life is about living your life to your best ability. I want you to feel your best, to be excited and happy to start each day and to fuel your body with the best foods possible. I don’t believe in fad diets, but instead on a plant based whole foods approach to living. I’m all about creating goals and working each day towards them. This is how change is made and it’s a great way to keep track of your progress and see how far you have come. I’m constantly setting my clients and myself new goals and I love the feeling that comes from sticking to it and getting the results you’ve been working towards.
I love to look at the whole person and look at their lifestyle, how their relationships are, are they digesting food and nutrients properly, what their stress levels are like and the history behind their habits and patterns, i.e looking at the whole person, as an individual. There are so many factors at play that affect how we feel, what we eat, our moods and our emotions, that if I don’t cover all these areas I would never get a true picture of the person and what is and what isn’t working for them. It might seem like a lot, but when we break it down into small chunks with each session, we can cover everything important to ensure the whole picture is created.
Here are some of the areas that I help coach clients in:
• Weight loss
• Stress reduction
• Skin issues
• Sports nutrition
• Food allergies
• Digestive issues i.e bloating, constipation, Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
• Pre-conception, pregnancy and postpartum nutrition
• Specialty nutrition i.e vegan, vegetarian, paleo, raw
• Diabetes/ pre diabetes
• High blood pressure or cholesterol
• Boosting the nutrient content in your diet
• Creating balance in your life
• Developing an exercise plan
• Working on your relationships
• Happiness in the workplace
• Helping you to find time for yourself and prioritizing ‘me time’
When you come and see me, you will:
• Get individual, personalized goals
• Work towards your goals, achieve them, tick them off, sustain them and create new ones
• Learn to create balance in all areas of your life
• Get to discuss any health concerns or issues you are having so we can work towards improving them
• Learn to listen to your body and pay attention to how you are feeling and what you are craving etc
• Increase your knowledge base of nutrition, wellness, lifestyle and how to live a healthier, happier life
• Leave each session feeling inspired, educated, motivated and confident to tackle your health concerns
So, you want to work with me, what next?
I offer three and six month packages, which I highly recommend. The reason I suggest clients sign up for a package is because by doing so they are committing themselves to change. That is one of the biggest challenges to get past and once you are committed we can work towards implementing changes into your life. Without committing to a three or six months program and instead only booking a session every 2 weeks, you’re not seeing the bigger picture and I cant create goals for you for the future.
I look forward to working with you, and helping you to reach your goals. If you have any questions please email me at email@example.com, otherwise for bookings please fill out the form below and I will get back to you with information on how we start.